As one of the digital marketing techniques, social media is a cost-effective marketing method that can help businesses to boosts brand awareness and generate leads. Businesses should make social media a part for their marketing strategy as most customers today are online on various social networks. Also, by building a social media presence for their business, companies can keep their customers informed of the latest changes and updates to their product/services and website. More importantly, it can help companies improve their reach, which can help grow their business.
If you want to grow your business with social media and looking for the best social media marketing tips that can help boosts brand visibility, then the below social media tips and tricks can help. These professional social media tips can help you to optimize the existing social profiles for your business.
I have also listed some key tips for social media marketing to get you going on the social networks and improve your marketing on popular social media platforms.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Tips On How To Grow Your YouTube Channel
- Create and upload high-quality videos to boost engagement. Add subtitles to your videos to make it more accessible to a wider audience including deaf viewers. Keep the video length short, the titles interesting and opening credits brief. The length of the video will depend on the content, especially product demos, how-to videos and tutorials.
- Post video consistently and include a call to action. You can also write a brief description of the video below and add website link or contact us link. Choose the right category and tag for more traffic. Make use of target keywords in your title and description to boosts search ranking.
- You can also collaborate with other Youtubers to promote your products and services. You can post video testimonials and make sure to do cross-promotion of videos and share it on your other business social profiles.
- Create a playlist of suggested videos. Create a series of videos that is helpful and informative. Go live on YouTube. Optimise your video for users and search engines by adding the title tag, meta title and description.
2. Promoting Your Business on Instagram
- When promoting your products, make use of real product images to boosts engagement. Ensure that the product images are of professional quality and the images are made based on the recommended Instagram size.
- Create post around trending topics and use relevant & brand-specific hashtags. Make use of Instagram filters, use shareable quotes, post your company’s milestone, include video content. Posts testimonials – they are a great way to sell your products without outright selling them.
- Make use of Instagram advertising to increase sales. Track and measure each activity and use the available data to improve existing campaigns and to know what type of post is much-liked by your target audience so you can replicate it.
3. Selling on Pinterest
A simple to use social media platform, Pinterest allows you to post images, infographics, videos and other types of visual media. Posting on Pinterest can make your content go viral and drive traffic to your website and blog.
To pin something on Pinterest, you need to have an image or video, as such, include images in your blogs so they can be pinned. Include links, keywords and #hashtags in descriptions so these can also be picked up by search and on Twitter. Follow and like, share and repin other’s pins and start engaging with people to get noticed. If you share great content, then the followers will come!
Did you know that you can sell on Pinterest? That’s right!
Just add a price to your description and it will show a price label on the pin. Pin your products straight to Pinterest, so when people click on the pin they are taken to that product and can purchase if they wish.
4. Get Found Locally in Google Search
Ensure you claim your Google’s My Business (GMB) listing and get it verified. Having a business listing on Google will help you to be found when people are searching locally for your service.
GMB is a free and easy-to-use tool. It allows you to add your company’s name, address and phone number (NAP details). You can add a brief snippet about your business along with the services you are offering as well as operational hours. This also includes reviews from the web. You can also link to your other business social profiles.
Once you create a GMB account, you automatically get access to a Google Plus business page. Unlike other social networks, Google Plus can have a significant impact on your site’s SEO and search traffic. It can help boosts your brand’s visibility in local search results. It can also help you to improve your brand’s credibility through business reviews, which can help increase your site’s rankings.
Setting up a Google Plus account for business is quite simple and straightforward. You can read this guide to know more.
5. Increase Reach and Engagement on Facebook
Facebook is the most popular social media platform. Having a strong social media marketing strategy for Facebook can help you reap greater benefits such as more brand visibility, increase followers, targeted leads, among others. Thus, it is crucial that you create high-quality content for Facebook posting.
- The content that you post on Facebook should be relevant to your niche. It should help solve your customer’s problems/queries. Make sure to use visuals that stand out as it also improves your chances of going viral. Mix up media types such as links, text, images, video, audio, infographics, etc.
- Use schedule and targeting tools within Facebook to boosts productivity. To tag someone use @name. Run a contest to boosts engagement and to increase followers.
- Give an insider view of your company by posting team holiday pictures, images of awards received, testimonials, etc. Always reply to comments and don’t delete negative comments.
To increase reach and engagement on Facebook, you need to research your target audience and run effective Facebook campaigns. Change your Facebook cover for promotions or holidays or specials. Get some Facebook Apps created to run competitions, get email sign-ups or showcase your content and offers. Use boosted / promoted posts and Facebook Ads for further reach.
Was this post helpful? Want to add other social media tips and tricks? Let us know in the comment below.